Sunday, November 14, 2004

"Goldies last day..."

Ok... anyone who has not heard that song needs to. Its "Goldies Last Day" by PFR. I mean... they were groundbreakers in Christian rock and plus their music isn't bad. I mean their like one of the few early 90's bands that I like.
Anyways... the reason I brought that up is because my dog died. Exactly a week ago she went missing and we couldn't find her (cause she was missing). Then yesterday I was goin down to our barns to feed our unlaying chickens (need to kill them...), and I head howling. I followed it and met a bear. A big grizzly bear. And I said to myself "self... what the heck is a grizzly bear doing in Northern CA?". Yeah ok... I made that up. I didn't meat a bear. So I found Nell... she was breathing hard and she couldn't move the back half of her body. She just looked at me. A wet mass of unmoving dog. So I ran down to the barns where my dad and Mr. Baender were and told them I found her. They found a board like thing that worked as a transport thingy and they put her in the back of the truck. They took her to the vet in Chester (which is a half hour away... the vet nearest us was temporarily unavailable for emergencies... figures huh?). So I cleaned up and went to a party that I was planning to go to... i.e. I didn't go to a party cause my dog got hurt. When I got back they said they had to put her down cause she got hit by a car or something. The vet said that they go to their favorite spots after they git hit by a car or anything so apparently Nell wen't to the deck where we found her. See a few years back we moved our mobil home to a new spot on our property where we put it on a new foundation. Since then we've done remodels and such so you can't tell that it was a mobil home. The point being that the back deck is still down at our old site. Nell liked to hang out down there to escape the heat or sun or whatever. The claws on one of her front paws were worn down so the vet thought that she got hit and then dragged (right word?) herself some hundred+ feet up to the deck. Then she just laid there waiting for us to come. What gets me is that she would''ve had to drag herself over the driveway where we drive over everyday. Its wierd... So yeah... now shes gone. Its not that bad since after abotu 3-4 days after she was missing we kinda thinking she got eaten by a mountain lion (no joke) or something. So we already figured she was dead but I guess my dad and Mr. Baender were hit pretty hard.
Umm thats about it. Nothing much goin on. Chico was good... except that I fell over in the parking lot at Costco. I laughed even though I twisted my ankle and I hurt my butt. It was really stoopid.... I mean you know... when you're done with your cart you stick it in the way of another car I mean... *doh*. No thats not what you do... that might be what I do but thats not what you're supposed to do. You stick it in the bushes right? Or in one of those gathering places or somewhere outa the way. So I accelerated my bad ass ('scuse me) cart and I jumped on the back. Then I popped a wheelie... kinda... so the front went up and I could get it over the burm. Only thing is when I put my foot down I twisted it or something so I fell over. Luckily it was like at 5 PM and there weren't many people in that area of the parking lot. So yeah... yesterday at this party thing my team won. If you talk to whitetanktops (a.k.a. mandy) she'll say that "the hippos" won. But me and Jakk say we won. Yeah ok... we lost. But we placed second. And we got snazzy bowties that somebody said were really tissues tied up. I don't believe 'em to tell the truth... yeah ok. They WERE tissues... but I think they look good as bowties. What else what else... I guess thats it. Later gang

1 comment:

Serena said...

I'm so sorry about Nell!! That's so horrible! I know how it feels. ah. *sniff* :'(

Ha, you so totally deserved that in Costco - I learned not to pop wheelies on shopping carts.... a whole 2 weeks ago. hehe. You should have known betta.
Well I'll ttyl.

The Creator