Friday, August 10, 2007

Three Cheers to the NAU!




A few weeks ago I was forced to sell my soul to the local cell phone service provider. All right, so I forced myself, but nevertheless, I ended up in Chester at the local Edge office, signing away two years of my life so that I might more easily communicate with whomever I wish. Of course there was plenty of time for conversation while things were set up, so myself and my father (who was also signing away his freedom) found ourselves the captive audience of the very helpful and rather interesting salesman there. He began chattering away about Digital Angel and how we're loosing our privacy etc. I had just seen Enemy Of The State so I was semi-up to date (I knew what he was talking about generally). But then he started talking about the United States, Canada and Mexico merging. In a very loose sense of course, the three nations would still be seperate, but there would be no borders in between. Federated, as it were. Not only that, but there were plans to create a common currency among these three nations. Any guesses as to what it would be called? That's right.... just like the Euro in Europe, this would be called the "Amero". I chuckled to myself and thought "heh, this is incredible... and rather frightening". By then I had spent more than I intended to and we were set up for the most part, so we left, leaving our thanks and our laughs.

Sure, it's incredible. After talking to a few gentlemen from my church directly after leaving the shop, I began thinking how ridiculous it sounded. Why would the American Dollar and the Mexican Peso merge? How could they? We're closer to the Canadian Dollar, but still, the American Dollar Bill is a symbol that is known by dang near every human being on the face of the globe. How could it suddenly cease to exist?


Well... I suppose I stand corrected. Poke around the net a bit... it all looks legitimate. The plan is that by 2010 there will be no border between the U.S. and Canada and Mexico, only a border surrounding the three nations. The three countries will be refered to as the North American Union (like the European Union) and the Amero will be installed soon after (why can't we be original?).

Honestly, I can see how people would have problems with this, but I think it's kind of neat. The brotherhood of the nations, as it were. Maybe I'm a traitor, maybe I'm just un-patriotic, but I'm for the idea. If someone else starts dictating the actions of the U.S., I'd help to liberate ourselves.... again. We rebeled for our liberty once, I think that we will again if we need to. But... at the moment I'm just open-minded. I wouldn't mind just considering myself a Californian....

10 comments:

Serena said...

That's interesting. And I could see it happening. However, there is absolutely no way it could happen in '10. And besides, what with all the brouhaha over the newly instated tough illegal imm. laws, it seems strange to me that we'd be changing our tune so fast. Unless an all-or-nothing fastball is being pitched, I suppose. It still seems a little odd and a little soon.

Anonymous said...

well, that's the thing... they've been working on this years now.... and I guess this is one of the things Bush vowed to do when he got re-elected. But yeah, it does seem like it'd be a bit sudden if it did happen in '10 after what it's been looking like.

Serena said...

Really? That's interesting. It makes me feel like a stupid American... I think I'm going to immediately subscribe the times so.

What exactly would this union entail? I mean, would this federation require of each nation?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure.... the idea is to eliminate the boreders.... but you would think that the three countries would still want to have some sort of security....

leftychick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leftychick said...

Well. That is interesting. Hahaha...reminds me of the "Bay of Pigs" for some reason. Our wonderful America may just be wanting more land perhaps? I can't really see how Mmexico and any other place would want us to rule them as well. If we arn't rulling them with this boarder-currancy thing, what are we doing? Besides, We are a democrasy, wouldn't they also have to be democrasys in order to even agree with our government order, and maintain peace with us in a union of that sort?

S. M. Waterman said...

This is indeed an odd song for the government to be singing...I cannot say I know what it going on in the world, especially the US gov't, but I can say that we are definitely a fickle nation...along with everything else that we are...not...

Pilgrim said...

You haven't posted in a long time. That's it, just letting you know.

S. M. Waterman said...

To quote Miss de Martimprey, "You haven't posted in a long time..."
It's true. I feel a need to be inspired. That's your new assignment. Inspire me ;) Oh, and I know what the "Bay of Pigs" is about now! See what you can learn in a day of cramming?

munkybrat said...

you communist. "take pride in your country..." hahaha...the Amero. Jeez. why can we just call them tctowtd? the currency that was once the dollar? I'm for the American union, but if they wnat to really be winning and get all the votes on this proposition, they should be more creative. more english.more something.just more (the entire store of America..."more"*rueful chuckle*"

The Creator